LASIK, which stands for laser in-situ keratomileusis, is a popular surgery used to correct vision in people who are nearsighted, farsighted, or have astigmatism.
All laser vision correction surgeries work by reshaping the cornea, the clear front part of the eye, so that light traveling through it is properly focused onto the retina located in the back of the eye. LASIK is one of a number of different surgical techniques used to reshape the cornea.
What Are the Advantages of Lasik Surgery? :
- It works! It corrects vision. Around 96% of patients will have their desired vision after LASIK. An enhancement can further increase this number.
- Vision is corrected nearly immediately or by the day after LASIK.
- No bandages or stitches are required after LASIK.
- Adjustments can be made years after LASIK to further correct vision if vision changes while you age.
- After having LASIK, most patients have a dramatic reduction in eyeglass or contact lens dependence and many patients no longer need them at all.
Bladeless Lasik involves the use of two lasers – first is the Femtosecond Laser, which is used to create an ultra-thin flap in the cornea, second is Excimer Laser which is used to reshape the cornea to induce correction. The flap is then positioned back which sticks to its place immediately. No blades are used at any time in the whole procedure.
Advantages of Bladeless Lasik :
- No fear of blades working on an eye.
- Precise cutting resulting in better visual outcomes and faster recovery.
- Ultra-thin and better quality flap – Safer than Blade Lasik
- More customized treatment for patients
- Tissue Saving
- Faster Recovery